Saturday, May 06, 2006

I know that I grumble about religion, but it's mostly to figure out my problems with it. I hope that comes across through my rantings. If not, then I apologize for offending your religion or faith.

Though, I might add, there is a difference between religion and faith. The best way I can describe the difference is that people use religion as a shield to bash and hurt others that don't think the way they do. People that have faith use it to help non-believers see the light in an non-confrontational way, as it were. And there is no way I'm going to see your point of view about God if you tell me I'm a bleeping homo and I deserve to burn in perdition. But if a person reasons with me, I'd be much more inclined to consider how they envision God.

My family is pushing God on me every chance they get. Since I'm the kind of person who will do the opposite of what someone wants if I feel any coersion, I think that my gentle readers have felt the boiling resentment that I was starting to direct toward Christianity.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home