Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life Is Easier (For You) When You Agree With Me

Assuming I'm making sense on a particular topic being discussed, that is. :p

I refuse to go see United 93. I think it's too soon for a movie about 9/11 and there is a part of me that knows this could be used as propaganda in the 'wrong hands.' (Neo-Cons, I'm looking YOUR way.) I know that the family members of the passengers all gave their consent, but it is too soon for me to watch it. Many other people at work felt the same way when I asked them.

I still feel my heart being twisted when I think of what happened to all those people, and of the aftermath, the rising anger of Americans, and the subsequent inquisition of suspicious looking Muslims.

This movie is sure to stir those feelings of anger, sadness which is something that America doesn't need right now. We have enough socio-political turmoil to deal without this movie adding more fuel to the fire.

3 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

I'm actually ok with it. It was a tragedy, and a scary time having an uncle(in-law)who is a firefighter in NYC. But I'm one of the ones the feel the best way to get over things is to talk about them and not just ignore that they happened. My wife is the complete opposite. Some people are just ready and some aren't and I think both views are ok.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tai said...

I agree with this one too!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

See? Life is so easy when you agree with me.

You've got a point, Mr. M. I guess I should say that it is soon for ME to watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home