Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Sunday treat

I went on another outing this weekend (Sat) with J and her daughter. (Whom I will call Little One from here on out or LO for short.) It was fun. We had lunch and then went to Saturday Market for a few hours. Little One is the sweetest two year old I've ever met and I think she took to me because she kept hugging my leg. It's safe to say that I like LO.

J's general political attitude has shifted from out and out liberalism to allow more conservative views, but I'd still say she was a liberal. But, it's nice to know she sees where I'm coming from. We don't have to agree 100% for us to get along.

As for my political leanings, I am a Remocrat and proud of it. I don't want to be classified as either party. (I loathe being catagorized!) That is to say, I'm liberal but I am conservative about some things. Such as funding for the military. I do support our troops and I think we need to start securing our borders. We need to start keeping more jobs IN the country and more of our money too. We need to heal ourselves before we can help others. Our main fault as a country is that we are too generous.

We need to make sure our healthcare system remains stable. People have been taking advantage of our healthcare system by NOT paying their bills, which makes medicine more expensive for all. Remember, you are not just ripping off doctors/hospitals by lack of payment, you are ripping off everyone else that uses the 'system'.


I believe, however, that we also need to fund fuel alternatives and work to preserve the enviorment. Gay people deserve to get married and raise children.

Hmmm. Where did all that come from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home