Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Name Change

You may have noted my name change from R to Valkyrie. I did this because there are too many R's on blogger! Not that it is a BAD thing, but it makes it a little confusing when reading comments.

Besides, in my people's (Norwegian) myths, Valkyries are cool biker wolf riding (not winged horses) chicks that hand pick valiant warriors to battle for Odin when the Twilight of the Gods hits. They are like a symbol of female empowerment to me as they kicked literary buttocks and took names after.
.
To go off on a tangent, I've always been interested in reading about long-dead, or completely foreign, cultures. Norse, Roman, Egyptian, Celtic....all have held my attention while I devoured the library books trying to learn all I could. *Sigh* I was/am SUCH a geek girl

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Cool name change! I dig it!

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the change. I like it.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did google Valkyrie when you changed it.I think its a really cool name.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Tai said...

Geek girls unite!

Great name!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

I like Valkyrie. And names are important. You have to feel good about your name, and Valkyrie is a strong one.

Heh, there is at least one other Spider Girl out there, but hey, only one of me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home