Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Live action Simpsons Video!

Click on title. It's actually pretty cool! EDIT: LINK NOT WORKING. YOU'LL HAVE TO SEARCH FOR IT. I RECOMMEND GOOGLE.

In other infotainment news, I'm not sure what is grosser about the new Brittany Spears statue. (I'm sure you've all heard about it by now. If not, google it.) I'm not sure if I find it repugnant because she's giving "birth" to Federline spawn or because the statue is supposed to be Brittany. (I nominate her
for the World's Worst Mother '06.)

Giving birth is a symbolically beautiful thing, and I feel the statue misrepresents what having a baby is really like. Sweaty, messy, and excruitatingly painful. It most definitely shouldn't be glamourized.

Motherhood...

There are reasons I'm not a mother.

Number one, I'd be really tempted to homeschool (gasp) my children. I'm intelligent enough to teach. I lack faith in public schools, though not for same reasons others may lack faith.
  • Children tend to learn better when they are taught by someone who knows them.
  • Our public schools are underfunded, understaffed, and it's too easy for a child to slip through the cracks of an imperfect system.
  • TEASING. It's a bigger problem than you'd think.
  • Hate is a learned behavior, and I would want to moderate what my child is exposed to.
  • As for socialization, I'd find other parents that home-schooled. There's a co-op of home-schoolers in town, actually.

Number two, I'm kind of lazy, though the laziness would vanish if I had a child.

Number three, I can't afford a child. I guess I want one, though, but only if I can give him/her a good life.

Number four, I'm not married. Sorry, not having a child out of wedlock.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger MrManuel said...

The Simpsons Video is great! You can find it on Bofunk.com. They even used it last Sunday as the intro for the show. Great stuff!!!

As for Britney, I have seen the statue. Not exactly the person I would pick to celebrate the miracle of child birth. Plus, we shouldn't celebrate the coming of the demon spawn. Or is the Tom Cruise's "Kid".

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive never seen the Brit statue and im not sure i want to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home