Monday, March 20, 2006

Cool...The Iliad comes to life

I’ve always been fascinated with mythology and fantasy, though to be honest, I haven’t successfully waded through the archaic muddle that is the Iliad. But I watched parts of Troy. (well, parts of Brad Pitt anyhow. Err, too much information.)

Mmm. Brad Pitt.... Ok, I’m back from Fantasy Island. Really....

I propose this as a solution to boring history lessons. Make more movies (well made, that is) with hot actors/actresses to get young [read: pop culture addicted] adults interested in learning about the past. And I hope movie producers do not sanitize how life was back then. Show how hard it was to survive. Show the drama and struggle and how politics was back then. Even more cutthroat than it is now. I think making a historic movie that is actually authentic would be fascinating to watch.

5 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger MrManuel said...

That would be a great idea, but youg people just aren't going to watch it. Now when when there is craptacular movies out there like Date Movie and Scary Movie 4(4?!?! WTF)!). Historic films are becoming strictly genre films that only certain people will watch unless it involves Leo Caprio and a large boat. Troy did well the first couple of weeks like most genre films, but by week 4, was barely making more that Soul Plane!! Not sure what will turn this around...

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Weird, the comment that I made above does not register!!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Oh wait, now it does. How strange...

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Bad taste to good taste transplants.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love mythology and fantasy as well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home