Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Corporate America

One of the definitions of being crazy is repeating the same action over and over again, hoping to get a different result.

Hmm. I'm not guilty of that at all. Honestly.

I digress. I would like to add another definition. Crazy is also working in corporate America and having to go to meetings which aren't really productive and utterly forgettable--wasting time that could go to ~gasp!~ making sure work gets done.

Sometimes I feel as if these meetings are their way of saying 'You are happy here. You belong to the Corporation until you die. Or retire.'

I say, "O fellow proletariats of Corporate America, let us free ourselves from the shackles of Oppression. Let us break away from this negative utopia and form society in our image! Where we can blog at work without fear of Big Brother! And where we can think what we want without the Thought Police."

Oh dear. The novel, 1984, has made a lasting impression on my imaginative mind. Lord help us all.

5 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They never learn that if it doesnt work after the first two tries it never will work.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Tai said...

That's double plus UN-good!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Crazy is also having to do busy work at work just for the sake of no one up high could think of anything else. Screw it!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Katina Mooneyham said...

That was the scariest book really! I have to admit I liked the style but it was scary. And now more than ever.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I think it should be required reading for high schoolers. It's a warning for people everywhere and especially during the Bush Presidency.

Thank you all for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home