Monday, May 15, 2006

Post # 304

It always amuses and yet irritates me to no end when I watch rappers accept an award. I find it highly ironic when the foulest mouthed ones thank the Lord for it. Please. God had nothing to do with your music.

Example of speech, written entirely by me.

"Yo, yo, yo! I'd like to thank God for inspirin' me to write these songs about controllin' my bi-yotches and puttin' a cap in someone's ass. Of course, I can't forget my momma who gave me life and taught me to respect the ladies. And a shout out to all my homies who stand wit' me when The Man wants to bring us down."

End Speech.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think God/Goddess/whatever would be happy about anyone slapping women around or shooting someone. Or scoring with dozens of women and bragging about being a ladies' man. It's not respectful to do any of aforementioned bad things--and I think they should keep God out of their little speeches. Honestly, to me, it makes them look like hypocrites. One can't thank God for giving them inspiration to sing about sex, death and drug-dealing.

But. I reiterate: That might just be my humble opinion.

It's not that I'm a Christian, but I detest inconsistancies in the way one lives their life and their religion.

6 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

You know, I never really thought of it this way. It is hypocritical. I don't know what to really think of it though. I both agree with you and disagree with you. Common sense agrees with you. My religious upbringing says that God forgives. Truthfully though, I think a lot of it is just an act by some of these people. Some, not so much. The ones who just do it for so called artistic reasons, I can't really see them as bad people who won't get into heaven. I don't know, my wind is all over the plae on that. I think deep down, I think God would be pissed, but would forgive...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

All humans tend to contradict ourselves at some point in our life, depending on the circumstance.

I don't think that rappers have to be perfect role models, but it appeared to me as if they were using God as the ultimate bling-bling. That's what I don't like.

Maybe I'm just old, but I don't care for some of the messages that rap sends to the young uns.

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are just stupid and God loves us all, even the stupid ones. lol

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a wonder they don't thank god for creating someone with the vision to invent guns so that they could shoot each other.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellbunny, you are so funny.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

:) Thank y'all for commenting even though my brain is dead and I can't come up with any witty rejoinders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home