Friday, May 12, 2006

I do not consider myself a mental gunslinger*. I take my time thinking and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the sharpest person around. I ponder and plod my way through new ideas.

I used to wonder if I have a touch of autism, not that I would be any less of a person if I was, but I feel so slllloooowwww compared to other people. Again, not that it's a BAD thing. I just wanted to know. I certainly had a lot of social/developmental difficulties as a kid, but I suppose it would have been pointed out when I had to go to the school psychologist.

*****
Right now, I'm reading Stephen King's Cell, and suffice it to say, I DON'T WANT A CELL PHONE!!
'Nuff said. Go read the book!

*****
I handle telemarketers with some semblance of respect, even if my dinner is disturbed. They are doing a thankless job. I say, "No, thanks. Have a good evening." Then hang up. They're human. They have feelings, though some people may argue with me, and deserve not to be shabbily treated.

_______________________

*Read The Gunslinger.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a lot of Stephen King years ago. My favorite was The Stand. Haven't read a book since DaVinci Code. I'll look for Cell. I need something to do other than work right now.
You do just fine in the mental department. You give more thought to topics and ideas than many people.
Have a fun weekend.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

I've been thinking of getting Cell from the library since I have heard many things about it and Eli Roth is allegedly making this movie next year. If they are in fact making this movie, I would prefer to read it first. Might just go do that.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Thank you, glorious. Have you thought about having a blog of your own? It IS therapeutic...

Cell is good. I thought SK said he was retiring after the Dark Tower but maybe his mind wouldn't let him.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the book but haven't read it yet.I still have 100 pages of the Da vinci code to finish.Which im hoping to finish before the movie comes out and spoils it for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home