Saturday, May 13, 2006

Night

The night slips over me and I am calmed by the darkness. My heart slows, my mind drifts to happier thoughts. For me, night is not to be feared but appreciated, savored. It is a time to rest, to lay down my burdens and cares.

I know what problems I have will be waiting for me tomorrow. I like the serenity of the absence of blinding light. It lets me hide. It shelters me, almost womb-like in the comfort it gives. It nourishes my soul for the next day and the tasks at hand that it will most certainly present.

I feel the most at peace right before I dive into sleep.

6 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so excellent. So eloquent. Good work.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

LOVE the new colors!!!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I see words better with a darker background.

Too many people have the green template.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting...hum. I love Stephen King. I just cant keep up with him. I'm way behind on his books.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the night myself.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Tai said...

I love the place of sleep and dreams...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home