Thursday, May 25, 2006

I try but words won’t come
My mouth is silenced
My heart refuses to be undone

It’s easy to be realistic
It’s hard to be positive
Don’t settle for middle of the road.

All the bad things come back to haunt me
When my working day is done
I’m supposed to make mistakes, supposed to grow

I’m sorry for not being able to love you
I’m sorry for not letting go when it was time
I’m sorry for all of my transgressions.

Please forgive me for every lie I’ve told.
Just a few but I killed the honesty of my soul.

I’ve loved /still love/ you as much as you’d let me.
Tears brighten my eyes as I try to comprehend
Your leaving.

You bastard.

_________________________________

I’ve got a new tenant by the name of Gina, who says she’s an aspiring writer. I gotta support that!

4 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poem sounds so sad

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little down were you? I hope you are better now. Yes, he's a bastard!
Smiles.
g

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger . said...

I got here from June's. Nice poem. I say nice because it expresses you. Your honesty is so obvious, your confession so moving, yet I know what kind of bastard you mean by that. I was just listening to "Strong Enough" by Stacie Orrico, I thing you would like to sing along but then the end may not exactly suit you.

Btw, sometimes it is best if you confess in time and to the right person. You know what I mean?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I wasn't down, per se. Just reflecting.

And the person that disappeared, isn't anyone that I've mentioned for a long time.

behrooz: Yes, it is. If they'll listen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home