Sunday, May 21, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Brokeback Mountain was a wonderful, romantic movie that just happened to have two men in love. It stressed love (and the difficulties it brings) more than them being gay. It was rough, tender and beautifully filmed. It even made me cry at the end. I thought Brokeback Mountain was a lovely movie.

It illustrated the point that people do not choose who to love. Love just happens and there are consequences if people don't follow their heart. Some people turn bitter and take it out on everyone else. Some people lie to themselves.

Even if they didn't expect to be gay or straight, people should always take a chance for happiness. Refusing love can affect so many others, like an acid eating its way out, wrecking everything it touches. It's clear to me that love isn't for wusses.

______________

Thank you all for your kind words regarding my new template. It's actually based off the Sin City graphic novel. The lady pictured in the upper left hand corner is Goldie.


_____________

I thought I'd give another shout out to Ethel. Hey, I want to give her 12 credits (think 12 vistors) worth while she's my tenant. I'm not sure where this picture is from, but I like the architecture.

4 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also loved Brokeback Mountain. I thought it was very well done and beautifully filmed. Thoughtful and meaningful. The message was take love where you can get it. It is a precious thing.
We just saw Poseidon and Friday, DaVinci Code. Both good entertainment. Not great. Just good fun.
Still loving the new look. Smiles. g

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Yeah, I have to admit that I really liked Brokeback as well. Good movie. Not afraid to tell my friends that either...

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Real hetero men aren't afraid of gay men, in my opinion

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Ethel said...

Thanks for the shout out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home