Saturday, January 21, 2006

I've been increasingly more content with my life as I increased my social activity. I think it's a good idea for people to get out and be active, make new friends, and generally make an effort to improve their life, whether it be through exercise or learning. I will like my blogpals, but frankly, the internet is not enough anymore. If any of you need anything, you know I'm there for you. Always.

I force myself to step out of my comfort zone by taking calculated risks, by having lunch with more of an acquaintance (not truly a friend, but could be). By going out with an insane (didn't know it at the time) co-worker. By opening myself up on this blog and to a select few. By letting those honored few see a glimpse of the real me.

I am running out of things to say, but taking tiny risks every day is worth it to me. Even if I'm rejected or fail, it's still an experience I should learn and grow from. I'm afraid of failure and it's a fear I know I'll need to conquer one of these days if I want to be half the person or writer I want to be.

My email has been short and curt lately, with hardly any of my charm and warmth. I feel chagrined because I *now* realize a man may not like to hear about my lunch with an acquaintance. Or listen to my bitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home