Saturday, January 21, 2006

Untitled

I am a pregnant mother of six who is dying of AIDS in Africa.

I am the fat person who ignores the fat jokes and rude snickers tossed my way. You may think you are funny, some of you might believe you are helping me, but inside, I want to die.

I am the pastor who has lost his faith.

I am a soldier who has left her husband behind. His letters aren't enough.

I am drowning in fear, anxiety, and self-loathing.

I am a young man living on the streets because I chose not to live with an abusive father.

I am a cop who has seen too much in the line of duty, so I've hardened my heart to protect myself.

I am a doctor who saves lives, yet I always remember the few I can't.

I am a mother, though I love my children, who wonders what life might have been like had I waited to start my family.

I am a recluse who both desires companionship and desires being alone.

I am humanity, encompassing everything and nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home