Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm never going to be the kind of writer I want to be. I guess I just don't have the ability to do the only thing I thought I was ever good at. Words cut, even written ones, and ESPECIALLY ones from friends. I'm going to feel those words for a long time, they're going to alter my perception of my own [lack of] ability.

Or maybe I should go join the ACLU, because writing anti-religious propaganda is what I write best.

From now on, I'm keeping my thoughts and feelings about Christianity, Faith and anything controversial to myself. I will make an effort not to be offensive. I'll just write about butterflies or birds.

Let's see what I can write about:

Love (Never been, so I can't give a realistic view of the most troublesome emotion in the world.)
Pain ...
Angst ...
Family (Dear Insert Favorite Diety Here)
Video Games (That'll bore you and besides, I'm too broke to rent more right now.)

Edit: I am no longer responsible for anyone being offended. Sorry.

4 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

I actualy think you are pretty good writer. It keeps me coming back...

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Well, someone was not pleased with the fact that I apparently attacked Christianity and therefore their friends/relations.

I mentioned it on here because I did not trust myself to e-mail them back yet, but I felt as if I owed this person a reason.

I didn't think I was going after Christianity, but the point of view that a woman should always stay with her husband, even if he abuses the kids. I know that it is irresponsible to give advice like that, and that's what I was hopping mad about.

"Sloppy writing"...maybe that person is right.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

I didn't really see it as an attack. I actually am a religious person (Catholic), but I didn't get offended at all. Seemed educated is more like it.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

Like they say, you can't please everyone, right?

An opinion is not an attack (well, yours wasn't in any case). I hope this incident doesn't stop you from writing from the heart. Many excellent writers are excellent BECAUSE they keep you hopping, fuming, agitated...and THINKING. It would be boring if we all agreed with everybody.

Me, I'm not a Christian myself, but I'm quite certain your opinion on the subject of staying vs leaving a marriage is valid to many, and probably inspiring to some.

Write on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home