Friday, December 30, 2005

Some ideas just look better on paper. That was a hard lesson I learned as a kid. I wrote out some adventures as a kid and tried to live them out. Yes, I was a geek.

Running down a rocky hill while pretending you are a Indian with a makeshift
bow...Not a great idea. Trip, land head first on pointy hard rocks, blood,
screaming, rope burn by the bow string. It wasn't one of my better ideas

Pretending to a superhero, I told myself I wasn't going to take my fear
of heights anymore. I jumped off the deck of my playhouse and though I hit
something, I don't really remember what. It took a week for my black eye to
diminish.

Putting my stereo speaker on my closet door. Then promptly
forgetting that it's there and closing the door. After the emergency visit, and
a few stitches, my parents took me out for pizza. Perhaps they felt sorry for
their ditzy klutzy daughter.

Funny how most of my childhood stories end up with me getting hurt.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Grant said...

That reminds me of something I recently saw in some movie, which one I can't say. The narrating character talked about the way we dreamed we could fly when we were kids, but when we woke up we knew better. The first half was true in my case. I awoke once when I was six believing I could fly, so I dove off the bed into the open air. Damned hardwood floors. I wasn't injured, I only had the wind knocked out of me.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

One thing I noticed is that I tend to land on or near my head a lot.

I wonder if it did any drain bamage.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

Yeah, I've noticed those stories from childhood where you get hurt mostly just seem hilarious now...there's me riding my bike off the road and into the creek...there's me doing a funky dance when the wasp stings my belly-button...yep, there's me flying out of the treehouse. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home