Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Oh! I feel so much better after doing my own personal Vesuvius. Ahhh. That and I was feeling 'weird' yesterday. I always go crazy right after visiting the folks. Each visit reminds me of why I don't stay over night at their place, even though Mom keeps asking.


*******

I smiled at the young man who handed me my hot Chai Tea, the fragrant spices from the beverage filling my nose, to my delight . I've seen him every time I came down to the bistro, for about a month now. His Carribean blue eyes were calm and restful. His hands were strong and kind. He touched my hand by accident and I felt something dry and papery slip into my palm.

I was nervous and stuck the paper into a pocket without looking at it.

I took my hot drink and strolled along the boulevard, taking in the sights and sounds of everyday activity in downtown Portland. Mothers with rebellious children pass me, and I hold back my sigh of relief that I don't have children. Birds chirp in the trees overhead and I window shop some of the best stores that Portland has to offer as I finish my drink.

I toss the empty cup in a conveniently located garbage can and I remember the scrap of paper still in my pocket. I pull it out, expecting his phone number or a phony come on line.

I find instead this: You are special and lovely. It was written in clumsily scribbled cursive, but it touched my heart. Now give this to someone else who you know can use a pick-me-up.

*Above scenario did not actually occur.

But ALL my readers are special and lovely/dashingly handsome. Depending on your sex, of course.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Morris said...

Being nuts is all right. I'm a bit crazy myself.

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

I would prefer to be known as an overflowing cup of human goodness

 

Post a Comment

<< Home