Saturday, December 24, 2005

I've been quiet today because I got Simpsons Season 7. Yeah, I've been watching it. So many good episodes are in this season from 22 Short Films to Lisa the Iconoclast and Bart the Fink.

Some of them are quite thought provoking. From Lisa the Iconoclast, I thought that perhaps the IDEA and meaning of a particular religious or secular figure is more important that the actual truth. For example, perhaps St. Nick was a crabby old man just itchin' to give a kid a switchin' but over time, maybe X-mas became something more important like giving and sharing joy. The reason for X-mas presents may be lost throught the foggy and senile mind of time, but what X-mas is supposed to symbolize (regardless of religion or lack thereof) is vital to us all.

I choose to see this as a time of joy, instead of a religious observance. I'm not going to be able to hang out with the people I might like to, but life is just full of little sacrifices that we have to do. So I'm going to be a woman and suck in my misgivings and deal with my relatives. Politely.

Love, Peace, and Eggnog to all.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

22 shorts films...classic episode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home