Sunday, January 22, 2006

How I ended up in trailer park hell...

I had been 21 at the time when my mother and I got into a huge fight and I lived in Portland for some time with friends, which ended up to be an even HUGER mistake on my part. That, my friends, is a story for another time with personal consequences from that 'experience' that echoed in my life for years afterward.

Well, I had been living at home for a few months after I came back. Father said he didn't think I wanted to be in the house with mother, so he put me up in one of those tiny travel trailers you hitch up to the back of a truck. It was cramped and cold. A miserable experience, but Pops was right. I would have rather suffered in that than be in the house. As it was, my mother didn't make my coming back and living with them any easier. Then I went to Job Corps and came back to them and the dubious comforts of a trailer (which I kinda made a mess of, though I did not mean to), got a job, lost that job, got another one.

I had been living in that trailer for eight months when my parents had been looking for a place for my 'sister'. She had no interest in it, so they brought it to my attention. After the spartan existence of the travel trailer, this one seems like a palace. Plus, it was a way for me to get away from the folks. The real estate agent really pushed it at my parents and I.

I didn't qualify for the home loan, so my parents reluctantly agreed to take the loan while I pay them rent. Since it is not truly owned yet, I am stuck. I can't get it in my name because lenders do not finance single wide mobile homes. I am loathe to just walk away and I can't 'just' move because I am also renting the land it rests on. If I desert it, it'll look bad when I try to rent an apartment and my parents will kill me because they'll be responsible for the rest of the mortgage.

I know this is a subject that I have touched upon on my other blog, but I haven't gone into as much detail. I feel as if I truly am caught in a spider's web, and I do regret letting my dad pressure me into this place. I had never had my own residence before. I was very impressionable and thought my Pops had only my well being in mind.

Maybe when I'm on vacation, I'll just stay in Virginia Beach. It's tempting.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

That is kind of a tough situation, but one that probably will only be solved by a talk with the folks. Scary though so good luck with whatever you decide...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home