Friday, January 06, 2006

Confessions of a (Former) Misandrist

Yes, it's me, in case any of you are sitting on the seat of your chair just waiting for the answer.

I used to think that men were nothing but uncaring yet thinking sex-starved beings, only interested in women for the, well, booty they could grab. I don't remember when I started believing that men were fiends with ONLY getting some on their minds. Maybe it made it 'easier' at the time to cope with issues pertaining to an incident, as a way of protecting myself.

I didn't realize that believing that men were crazed for only sex was actually dehumanizing those of the male influence. Or that I was hurting myself for latently loathing men because I missed out on knowing some damn fine people. I regret fearing and hating men and I have come to care for my masculine pals. They have made all the difference in the world and I thank you for showing me how real men are supposed to be.

I'm sorry for being a misandrist. It won't happen again.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Yeah, believe it or not, there are nice guys out there. Sure, I LOVE sex, but there are guys like me who fall for the whole love thing first, and hard sometimes, before moving on to the whole wanting sex thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home