Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I feel like crud. For the past week, this has been what I had to eat.

*Breakfast, toast and milk
*Lunch, nothing except for a diet shake on Tuesday. Drank water, though.
*Dinner, either grilled cheese sandwiches or top ramen with some canned veggies.

And I think I'm getting to be lactose intolerant because I pay for eating that cheese at work.

We don't have any edible fruit or fresh vegetables in the house, and I would love even a juicy hamburger at this point. Or spaghetti, or crab salad, or even a lightly seasoned chicken breast served with delicately prepared asparagus. No more ham, please. I miss bananas. I try to make my meals as healthy as possible from the limited selection, but as mentioned above; I am not feeling like the hot-blooded dynamo I was born to be.

As I peer into our shelves, I have some canned peas, spinach, and a medley of corn, carrots and the prerequisite wrinkled peas, top ramen, tea, spices and that’s it. Oh and a can of tuna (which I am saving for this weekend)and a jar of PB, which is for my roomie’s work sandwiches.

I find that I'm craving protein every time I go past that PB jar, but I am grateful for the 'food' that I do have and I realize that too many people have much less. I just want real food. Like the simple pleasure of meatloaf and potatoes.

Please forgive my grumpiness for the rest of the week.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Grant said...

For an easy change, I recommend going with frozen instead of canned vegetables and then steaming instead of nuking them. If they're a little bland, try Paul Prudhomme's vegetable seasoning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home