Friday, December 16, 2005

I keep getting turned down for dates (from people I could get interested in) and I keep getting asked by people I have no desire to see.

I might as well be a nun.

I could regret saying this, but when I was a young and naive young girl, I thought I would like being a nun, dedicating my life to something bigger than myself. Even then at nine, I did not want the life of a housewife. But here's the funny thing, I wasn't even Catholic...I was a Lutheran, yet I still felt a 'pull'. I guess I thought I could make a difference in the world. I guess I always wanted to do something. Maybe I wanted to be embraced by the glory of God.

I think even then, I knew that my slack aka--and Irish-- looking face (out of makeup) would not be very appealing.

Here's where I started to lose my faith: about ten or eleven, I started getting an idea of what lesbians and bi-sexuals were and I prayed to be straight. I prayed so hard not to be like that. I told Jesus I would dedicate my life to doing pure things if he let me not be bi-sexual.

Well, I got myself into trouble. The kind of trouble I will not mention because I was trying to be something I am not.

The moral of the story: I'm not a nun and I am not straight. I never WANTED to be like this and I thought that being a nun would protect me from sexual thoughts and or desires. I got hurt because I tried to force myself into being all woman, 100% hetero.

3 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Grant said...

"The kind of trouble I will not mention..."

You just yadda yadda'd through the best part. C'mon, share. :-)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Well, there was this time, I was in band camp...(Actually, there was a time in band camp but it is X-rated and this isn't that kind of blog.)

I dated a gay guy in High School.

I did a prank on my band teacher, hid his baton, to fit in with the others. It didn't work and they ratted me out. I escaped massive amounts of punishment because I think he understood that I was not 'well liked'.

Well, when you have a slack, not so intelligent looking face... People tend to think you are, shall we say, special. If I had been more inclined to do evil, I'd have taken advantage of it.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

You share a lot of moments of private pain mixed with self depricating humor. That's why you're so popular!

A-ha!

This is too funny! My word verification is gaydar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home