Tuesday, December 13, 2005

After much consideration, I'm glad that my little blog doesn't have a huge following. I can only "handle" the two (or so) fellow weirdos that read what I have to say as it is. I want this blog to be my naughty little secret.

In some respects, the blogosphere is a lot like high school. Some blogs are immensely popular, some are so flippin' funny you have no choice but to like them and some stay under the radar and out of sight. (Like Yours Truly) Bloggers form cliques, bloggers follow the lives and tribulations of their fellow bloggers. If some are lucky, they'll find some that are truly cool people. It's even rarer to find a SUPPORTIVE blogger, and I found TWO. I'm grateful that you take the time to read these humble words of mine. Mwah. (I bet you would good in those garters, Grant.)

Bloggers form e-friendships, linked to together by sharing words and thoughts and experiences. The blogosphere is a fun tool to talk to people I would never know, yet I need 'real' people too which I have come to realize.

I think that I've relied on online people to fill my need for companionship. Uh-uh. No more. I sought out ways to deal (or not deal, as the case may be) with various problems in my life with being someone other than me and when I tried to be me, I fell apart because I forgot who I was. I lost myself.

I deserve more than an online life.

[EDIT: Tomorrow, I'm going to wear my Marv shirt and see what happens.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Grant said...

As in high school, I seem to draw more attention than pals. My blog gets a lot of hits but few comments. I would be more active in seeking other bloggers, but when I make the first move I tend to chase people away. Now all I need is some weed and a bully and the high school experience will be complete.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I don't get a lot of hits (40 is a good day) but I prefer quality over quantity.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger MrManuel said...

I'm the opposite of you I think. I WANT as many people as possible to visit and COMMENT on my site. Why? I guess I feel the need to have my writings be commented on. I want to know that what I write entertains people. The more blogger friends, the better. I have tons of friends in the real world that I am happy with. I see them all the time. I want some online now too.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I used to be like that, but I think that good writing doesn't need to be validated.

It's NICE to have people comment and know that someone is reading what I write ( I DO appreciate it!) but it's not really necessary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home