Sunday, December 11, 2005

I just realized something about myself; the more I like a person, the more neurotic I get. I'm a reasonable human being when I just LIKE the person. But if I think someone is attractive, I slip into dangerous perhaps-it's-time-to-commit-myself territory.

(Note-this is not about any of my e-friends. This is simply a general observation.)

I overanalyze what I say, so that I (hopefully) don't look like a complete idiot, and I know that I'm not being true to myself if I edit my words. I don't know how to effectively convey that someone is damn fine....and acknowledge that it is ok to think that someone has a nice butt and imagination. (The ability to imagine is a 'turn-on' for me.) I find it scary that people would be flattered, and not laugh at me, to know that I find them hot. Maybe I'm still afraid of having sexual feelings or perhaps I have such a deep rooted fear of intimacy that it'll be almost impossible to overcome. Who knows?

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Afraid of hurting someone's feelings or rubbing them a wrong way is a common sign that you care for someone. There is nothing wrong with that. When you don't care about someone, chances are, you don't really care what you say to them unless you are type of person who has to please everyone. Don't worry about it, it's normal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home