Monday, February 20, 2006

I *Heart* Blogging

I have today off so nyah nyah nyah nyaaah to all of those of you who do have to work! :P

I really like blogging. I’ve been doing it for almost three years. Not that you could tell from the six months I’ve been on this one. I regret having to bid R’s Rants (my first blog) adieu. There were quite a few good posts and poetry on it that I wished I had saved. C’est la vie.

I don’t think I am ever going to run out of ideas or issues to blog about. I have tons of imagination (perhaps too much) and I think most people quit blogging (which is a shame as far as I’m concerned) because they get bored and begin to believe that there is nothing out there to discuss. Not me, pals. There is as many possibilities as there are grains of sand on a beach.

Tips for running a decent blog.

  • Post as regularly as possible.
  • Be honest, funny, and as true to yourself as you can.
  • Be friendly to those that come to your site.
  • Write for yourself. If you like what you write, chances are readers will too.
  • Take some time off if you feel pressure to write. For me, writing never comes out well if I push it. Let your gentle readers know, just don’t disappear on them.

That’s what I’ve figured out, anyhow. Blogging is good for my soul and I believe I’ll be doing it for many more years to come! Even if I have to buy my own website

4 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I had to work today. Not too bad though. Kind of a light day.
You are a very good writer which is why I read your blog daily and am disappointed when there is nothing new. No pressure. Just keep up the good work. There are very few sites I have bookmarked. Yours is one of them. Smiles.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Glorious: Thank you. And I'm sorry you had to work today.

(c:

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Tai said...

I heart blogging tooooooo!!!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

It's fun to network and get new readers, meeting people you might never get to otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home