Thursday, February 16, 2006

I had a good long sit down with myself and I think I'm maturing. Or at least getting wise about parting ways.

  • Try not to have bitter recriminations against anyone.
  • Acknowledge that it is ok to be sad or angry or alone--don't let anyone attempt to tell you to not feel a certain way. Your emotions and thoughts are the only possessions you truly have. They make you human.
  • Let go (something I really have problem doing) and move on.
  • Find a positive out of the mess. Try to learn what you did wrong, then make an effort not to do it again.
  • End a friendship as politely as possible. Especially if mutual friends are involved. Be mature and maintain as much respect as you can, be the bigger person.
  • Treat others' hearts as if they were your own: with care.
  • Know that you can't go through life without hurting someone. Don't take joy in it, but get out of a situation that is not good for you.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! Good work...you are making wonderful progress.
More positive means less negative.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I can only try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home