Sunday, February 26, 2006

I got a weird comment on an old post...

Yes, it's weird and definitely indicates the writer is a lunatic.

I don't think it's written well, but I laughed my butt off. Then it made me sad to think that there really are deluded individuals like that in the world. I felt horrible that I am was able to laugh at the rants of someone who might lack a few cards in his deck. I always make an attempt to be a sensitive, caring human who is as non-judgemental as possible. (It doesn't work all of the time, but I do try to be a decent person) One of my few boyfriends thought he was the reincarnation of King Arthur. I had thought he was just messing around with me, but no. He was quite serious. He treated me very well, however, despite the fact I became convinced he was INSANE. (Not all insane people are inclined to violence.) Another boyfriend wanna-be tried to convince me that he could talk to fairies and spirits, that he could hear their voices in his head.

Women, if some date is telling you he/she hears voices in his head, that is what is known as a red flag. Run away. Far away.

Mental illness is pretty devastating and it is a disease that everyone should want to cure every bit as much as cancer or diabetes. I don't believe in pity, but I believe that more people should be sympathic to those that aren't all there. It's a shame there is such a social stigma attached to mental illness, or even to those who are simply neurotic.

3 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Dating one of the above mentioned guys - hey, what can you do? But 2 of them? Where are you fidning these guys?

Mental illness is a disease and it is too bad that many will laugh at someone with a mental illness, but would never(unless you are an asshole) laugh at someone with cancer. Pretty sad...

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I think laughter is a way of masking or coping with fear. *Some* people see loss of sanity as loss of self, and that is a frightening idea.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Post Script: I didn't find them. THEY found me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home