Monday, February 06, 2006

Did I come off as whiny? Hm. Oh well, moving on. I was attempting to vent my growing frustration with my neurosis and my inability(for right now) to reach beyond myself to be a normal person.

I was not 'fishing' for comments or laughs. Acknowledgment IS nice, but I stress again that it isn't the end all and be all of my blogging experience. I was doing this for a year or two before I met most of you. Look, people have LIVES beyond the internet and I do not expect to be coddled when you are busy. Or when you aren't busy either. I care enough about some of you to want you to be happy and as healthy as you can be.

This blog is all about self-therapy. It's all about my thoughts, baby, and my life. Now, gimme some sugar.

Look, I think there is a part of me that wants to be a people-I-like-pleaser. (Everyone else can go take a dive wearing cement shoes.) I know WHY. I do care too much of what others think about me, and if you know me, you'll understand why. There's one of my biggest problems, folks.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

I personally DO care what other people think of me too. I sometimes find myself editing my personality in certain groups of people.

For instance, if I am with a group of people who are all vegetarians I may edit the fact that I eat meat. Or if I'm with friends who are strongly Christian, I will omit to tell them about my weekend dancing about with pagans.

It's just that I'm many things. And I like many, diverse people. You can't please 'em all, all the time but it's okay to try a little bit.

Blogging is mostly for my friends who know me especially well, so I don't tend to edit as much online, but I DO care what total strangers think so I don't tend to post things I would need to "edit". If I ever did a self-therapy blog, I'd have to be totally anonymous.

Hmmm...well, I have rambled on slightly off-topic enough here, but I should just add that I enjoy reading your blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home