Friday, February 03, 2006

Junk Drawer Friday

It's something new I'm going to try. Any little odd bit of thought or idea I have that doesn't exactly fit into a post, it is going into the junk drawer 'file' for me to post on Friday. Why? So that I don't lose any potential topic that would be better discussed when I've had time to digest it throughly.

In other words, it's a way for me to organize and collect my thoughts.

We all have a junk drawer in our house, where we store misfit objects that have no other place to go. It is my hope that I can teach myself to be more concise and hone my writing skills.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Grant said...

I don't have a junk drawer. The last time I moved I tossed out everything I didn't need and I've kept my place clutter free ever since. I even have spare shelf space in my apartment. I've tried to do the same with my mind, going with a more SK'ish way of dealing with thoughts. If I have an idea and tuck it away and can remember it a week later, it may have potential. If I mentally file and forget it, it probably wasn't worth pursuing. Another thought will always come along anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home