Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Post 152

What Should I talk about? What is on my mind? Ok, what IS on my mind? I have no idea. Except for bone, skin and hair, that is. It's disturbing me that I have no topics to bring up or concepts to explore. [That I want to share right now.] I am in the dreaded 'dry' zone as far as creativity goes, I fear. On occasion, I sense that my little brain is simply running around in its hamster wheel and that I've written all that I could.

I know, I write for myself, but I want a purpose for my writing. I don't just want to spout off nonsense. A writer has to have a bunch of experiences to draw on and I haven't LIVED enough, which is part of the reason I want to travel to the East Coast. Hell, I haven't even performed my Right as An American and shot anything besides cans and watermelons. I'm just joking, folks.

However, I'm reading a book called The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee, and so far it is a wonderful book. The main character of the slim novel is a young lady that seems so naive and trusting...and in love with a robot. It's charming and sweet, so far, but I'm expecting it to turn bitter-sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home