Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sorry, I'm just in this kind of mood.

http://www.musicvideocodes.com

When I was younger, I tried to listen to heavy metal. I just didn't get the appeal of having my ear drums blasted out of my skull...and I can't understand what most of the singers are singing. My rule of thumb is that I like music that lets me think and feel, but most of all, it must speak to me. Judging from my current musical choice, you might think I'm a sensitive and emotional fool. You may be right. I just might be the sensitive, emotional fool.


Bands such as Slayer and Metallica do not do it for me. What is it about heavy metal that appeals to people?

Now, I'm not putting down those of you that love (and those who do dig that kind of music...it is music as far as I am concerned...seem to really like it and are fairly sensitive individuals.) heavy metal. I don't mind controversial content because I adore Korn and NIN. Heck, I even like Disturbed. I guess it is kind of funny (not the har de har har funny) that I pass on heavy metal.

I just don't understand true heavy metal, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Grant said...

Metal Rulz! It's what I mostly play when exercising and writing and in the car and doing anything else. It appeals to my wide range of emotions: anger, hate, rage, irascibility, fury, and hate. Metallica lost their soul when their bassist Cliff died, but Slayer still has their heart in the right place. Read the lyrics for New Faith sometime. Also try listening to King Diamond by candle light, or Slayer while revving a chainsaw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home