Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Today is "Friday"

Part I

Yesterday was my brother-in-law's funeral and it was a very religious one requiring singing of hymns and 'hear our prayers' at the appropiate times. I told myself that I was praying to someone other than the Christian God (I think I'd be a Buddist if I wasn't agnostic. I tried being a Pagan and I don't think that way is for me.) and I felt less a hypocrite. As far as services go, it was simple and respectful, though I detected a phoniness from the Pastor. I think only people who know the deceased should do an eulogy, but maybe that's just me.

I noticed my step mom keeping a close eye on me, making sure that I was praying and singing. She was making a mini ruckus that all the family should sit together--Penny surrounded herself with friends--and I thought Penny did the right thing by being with the people she wanted to be with. She was also the first one over to Penny after the service because she cried. Mom zoomed past me and the people who stayed with her, made room for her.

After waiting for five minutes to talk to my sister, I gave up and went for refreshments.

Part II will come later tonight, as I have to go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home