Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Part II

It was weird meeting my half sister’s (who was raised by my grand-parents because she wasn’t prepared to be a mom) real mother, Erma. She had wanted to meet me for a long time and she was cordial and polite.

I am always an outsider at social functions, always the odd one that very few people want to be around. People tend to give me a wide berth–and Saun knows this to be true– because they get the wrong impression of me. I don’t like talking about babies or cooking or the domestic behavior patterns of husbands, therefore I remain quiet. I just listened to stories and kept to myself. I let my dad do a lot of talking.

But people laughed and cried at the luncheon. I think he [Ken] would have liked it.

I was glad to leave and think about Ken on my own. I said goodbye in my own way.

Rest in Peace

Ken McNeil
1961-2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home