Friday, October 14, 2005

Things that currently Tick Me Off

I was approached by a lady (former co-worker) who is married to an Asian man. Well, his sister is a matchmaker...and she wanted to find an American-Caucasian woman for one of her clients. Because he wanted someone with fair white skin and good looks like mine.

The more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off. Race should never play a part in who you love. Love is hard enough to find without quibbling over unimportant details like that. Here's what's important:

IMPORTANT
Heart
Compatiblility
Compassion
Humor
Smarts
Understanding

NOT IMPORTANT
Race
Age/Gender
How much money they make
Handicapped
FAT


Try seeing everyone as beautiful and desirable; not just a "type" you prefer. I think the world would be a much better place if people did that. We would be so much more open-minded...

The other thing I'm disturbed about...my aunt.

She seems to think rather than have her drive the extra mile from Highway XX, that she would prefer me to drive 2.5 miles to the nearest grocery store, park there for the entire day, then she'd drop me off so I can go back home.

Yeah, right.

First of all, that's a good way to get a car towed in Bored Cop Town, where I happen to live. Next...if I do that, I won't be able to answer the phone if she happens to call in sick--because my delightful hiney will be waiting for her at the store. I definitely do not want to wait until she either manages to get there or I get tired of shivering in the cold.

I think I should either find a job closer to home or find another person to car pool with. I'm tired of her, tired of her repeating everything I said (I don't tell her jack shit anymore) to the Folks, tired of that evil Christian music up so loud I can hear it through my headphones, tired of her inane stories that don't go anywhere, tired of hearing about her little Yip dog. Most of all, I'm tired of having her try to say everything she believes in is right. Hell, she even defends that loon Pat Robertson.

Hm. Maybe I should tell her I'm Agnostic Girl, meek and mild [insert what I do here] by day, Righteous Defender of those who don't believe in God (as such) by night.

Who am I kidding? I'm FAR from meek and mild....as I'm sure you (my four faithful readers) can attest to.

But it felt good to let loose my fiery feelings, to give voice to what has been bothering me for a few weeks now.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

I like that: "Agnostic Girl"...has a good ring. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home