Saturday, October 08, 2005

I've decided to write a story or two for fanfiction.net. Mostly because I want feedback on how I write from people that ... do not 'know' me. Let's face it: every faithful reader of my blog has been awestruck by how lovely and personable I am. It's easy to understand your bias. I mean...we're talking about ME here.

:-)

Besides, I have a few stories in my head that need to come out.

I may not be able to tell a story well, but at least they'll no longer be upstairs, making a bunch of 'noise'. If you know what I mean.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

And the more you write stories, the more you know you CAN write stories.

That's why I think I blog---just to see myself write. Plus it's interesting to see one's thoughts on paper (or whatever). :)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Grant said...

Remember SK's warnings about getting feedback from people you don't know. Since you don't know them, you don't know their tastes or standards. I joined a critique group once which nearly convinced me I was completely devoid of talent. I got to know them and found I had stumbled into a group of feminists who didn't actually like to read and only critiqued writing against an inflexible book of rules issued to them by the writing group.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Point taken, Grant. I'll be careful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home