Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I can't afford mental health care, even if I could find a therapist I'd be able to trust. It just costs way too much and I work for a health insurance company.

Right now, I think I need it.

In many ways, I believe I'm better than I used to be. But...I am getting increasingly erratic, making mistakes at work, and my mind seems to be 'stretched' taut, struggling to not give in to my panic attacks.

I hate panic attacks. They sweep over me and rob me of being able to live life as fully as I should. Sometimes, it's over a mundane task such as swallowing because I'm afraid to choke. That doesn't happen often, but I am concerned about choking. I avoid certain roads because they have a tendency to induce panic.

I need to get myself together. I need to be ME again. I'm scared of 'losing' my identity aka going insane. I try, I really try, to not lose sight of rationale and of anything that will help me from feeling as if I am sinking.

I won't ever give up.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Tai said...

No...don't ever give up.

There's too much that's worthy to let the other things drag you down.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

Me and Tai are rooting for you. Be well.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very concerned about you dear. I hope you are able to find a way to get some professional help. You have health insurance, talk to your doctor. Maybe he can prescribe some meds or something. Please don't give in to the darkness. I've been there and thought about suicide many times. Believe me, it does pass with time. I sense your desperation and hope you know your friends are pulling for you. You are a very talented and beautiful person. You have much going for you. Hang in there. I care.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get help sooner rather than later. It's going to be WAY more expensive to clean up after a total breakdown.

Keep hanging on.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like you need a break.To get away and find yourself.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been dealing with panic attacks on and off for over a decade now. When I first got them, I was suicidally depressed. But once I knew what was going on with me, I was slowly able to get better. Over the past several years, I've been almost attack-free. And when they do come, I know how to recognize them and how to relax myself out of them before they get bad.

There are so many people and so much information out there that can help you with this. Please believe me that you can feel not just better, but completely normal!

Best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home