Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Post # 231

So only one person showed up to my party last night--and that guy was the one that was supposed to throw it. (Another guy would have made it but work held him up so I completely understand.) It wasn't as fun as I thought it'd be, but neither was it torture. Played pool, threw darts, (Apparently, I've got good aim. Watch out world.) and had a couple of beers over the course of three and a half hours.

Came home and crashed.

I bought myself the Saw movies and a new look for my bedroom. It isn't *quite* done yet. I decided that my bedroom should be restful and neat, a quiet retreat from the world. The color scheme is tan and black. And I like the furry pillows tossed on my bed. They give my room a certain je nais de Conan air. A change is always good, right?

From the family, I got two shirts. Hey, I am not complaining. I am grateful for the fact that my birthday was even acknowledged.

Ok, so I was really hoping my official party would have been more exciting and the lack of attendees did nothing to restore my faith in the nature of humans. Yeah, I felt a little let down but it was tinged with the thought of :"Well, what else did you expect? People to actually SHOW up? Ha!"

Yes, I might be a little bitter, but.... I hoped that I would have had fun being social last night, that's all. I didn't want presents, I simply wanted people's presense at my party.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

Happy Birthday, R!

I would've come to your party if it was in my neck of the woods! Try to stop me from coming to a birthday party. :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry not many people came.Hey we should of had a bog party for you .Then you'd of had loads of people come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home