Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Whoo Hoo! A real post!

Yes, my birthday is actually on the seventh. I just wanted some RL friends to read it before then.

The SAW movies are particularly fascinating to me. Serial killers hold a certain analytical appeal to me. That is, I like to sit and analyze why they do what they do. I abhor what they do to innocent people and I definitely think serial killers deserve a lethal shot in the arm. It isn’t like I want to emulate their behavior. Though if I’m physically threatened, I WILL defend myself by any means necessary. Why do I find killers interesting? I guess psychology is just really intriguing to me. I’d like to understand, to comprehend all different aspects of human nature. That is, outside the confines of morality and religion.

I’ve seen (and laughed at) Friday the 13th, and was creeped out by the misadventures of Freddy. However, Jigsaw, is an entirely different kind of theatrical killer who does give me the shivers. Intelligent and dying, he seeks to make others appreciate the precious gift of life, by putting them in a trap and giving them a choice. Life (usually by maiming self or others) or death. The characters have to confront the decisions that put them in that kind of predicament. It’s a quite unique twist on the genre of slasher horror and SAW I & II can be very disturbingly violent, yet philosophical, which explains why I like the movies so much. Yes, I am a fake bloodthirsty soul.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have both saw movies on dvd .I love movies like that although i was dissapointed when i watched hostel.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger MrManuel said...

Like you, I find serial killers very fascinating. There is just something about them that makes you want to go deeper and see what is up with them. I even have a huge encyclopedia of serial killers which is quite interesting. You should try checking it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home