Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Do you think Stoicism (A kind of philosophy that encourages detachment from emotion and advocates self control. Blech. ) or becoming a bohemian (someone who eschews conventionality in life and art) is the way to go?

Although I am not a logical person–I mostly feel my way through life by using my instincts and emotions– I can see the need for being detached to get a different perspective on a problem. But the world thrives because of diversity. The world needs creative, free spirits to make this place a better place to live. But we need boring, old sticks-in-the-mud sensible individuals to assure that what has to be done, gets done.

I think the world requires dreamers and realists. I wonder if there is a way to get us all to work together. Wouldn’t that be heaven if we could all just get along? What marvels we could accomplish if the realists made what the dreamers thought up come to life! (Either that or society would end up becoming a nightmare.)

What say you? Are you pragmatic or fanciful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home