Friday, December 02, 2005

George Martin.

http://georgerrmartin.com/

This is his OFFICIAL site and I'm probably going to put it up in the links section.


There's only one thing I don't like about AFFC and that is how he split the book. I feel that maybe he didn't want to keep his fans waiting so he released what he had. That's the impression I got. I don't feel satisfied with what I've read so far. (I'm almost done!)

Here's who I like in the series:

Jaime. (He's growing on me like mold)
Tyrion.
Dany
Jon Snow (I think he's Lyanna's son for some strange reason.)
Arya

Here's who I'd like to suffer a painful death:

All the Frickin' Freys
CERSEI
Littlefinger
All the ironmen

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Author said...

Tyrion is my fave.
Jon Snow is alright, too, as is Jaime. (Interesting our top 3 are the same!)

Have not even purchase AFFC yet. Might wait until it's finished, now that I know it's sort of "Volume One."

Just finished reading a used paperback by my favorite fantasy author, Tanith Lee. GRRM is outstanding, and better than anyone else in the field . . . Except Tanith Lee. I own 10-12 of her paperbacks, and was thrilled to find one I had not already owned and read. Reading it reminded me of just how brilliant she is. Her style is VERY different than Martin's, and her style is not "better." Martin is almost hyper-realistic, whereas Lee's is sort of poetic (still "real" enough to become invested in and engaged with, but also slightly dream-like).

Thanks for the heads up on AFFC. What with school, looks like I won;t be able to read him again for another year or two, though. *sigh*

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Grant said...

I'm beginning to dislike Catelyn as well, or whatever remains of her. Tyrion is still my half-man, although Arya remains my favorite.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I didn't like Catelyn from the beginning.

I do recommend reading the book, since a few very important things happen in it, but it kind of felt like an extended prologue.

I'm left wanting more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home