Thursday, November 10, 2005

There is just no reasoning with insane right-wing, racist, homo-phobes that think Jesus is intolerant. You know what, if he DOES exist, I bet he has more of a sense of humor than his followers do. I will only worship a God with the ability to laugh at Himself.

Ehh. Hatred leaves me geniunely sick to my stomach. I can feel acid in the back of my throat. Yes, I get a little fiesty and fiery. Still... I don't want people thrown in jail or "stoned" because of their beliefs. I do not want to outlaw heterosexuality.

I really am an open minded, caring woman who simply wants to love who I choose to love. With a wicked sense of humor.

What brings this up? I was reading a blog and I was looking at someone's profile...and it made me mad enough to reply, saying that she shouldn't be such a hate monger. (Basically that and saying it's arrogant to assume to know God's Will. I call it like I see it.) I did say that she's entitled to her opinion, but gay people deserve not to be criminalized for being gay--which she wants the government to do.

She also said that GOD is going to judge me. Judge me for being a decent human being who cares about people she'll never meet? ...just because.. I am not a X-tian with her narrow World view. She does not know me.

What disturbs me is not the fact that 'God' will supposedly judge me, I am Agnostic Girl so whoopy doo, it's that she is presuming that she's God's representative. I'm shaking, I am pretty upset. I know I shouldn't let words get to me, but fanaticism and hate DO.

I really did not want to get involved in a religious conversation but I was sucked into it. un-God, save me from your followers.

There's a phrase from a David Eddings book that I'll borrow in closing: "Praying softens a man's brains."

5 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

You can tell them who I am, it's okay. But please don't misrepresent my character as being "hateful." I have a heart for the homosexual, just as I have a heart for all of those who are hurting. I come to you in peace to try to better understand who you are. I do not hate homosexuals, but the lifestyle is destructive.

Don't you forget to mention that my mother-in-law is a homosexual and we would want nothing more than for her to be freed from that bondage and healed of all her pain from within. I have also lived the homosexual lifestyle and I know how disparaging it can be. As with all of sexual immorality, it is wrong and destructive to all those involved.

Something usually happens to a person during childhood which causes promiscuous behavior and homosexual tendencies. I noticed your profile says, "I'm a complex woman who is struggling with myriad problems in her life, not the least of which is her own mind." I can only imagine what you have been through to make you so hard to the Truth.

As a believer in Christ, I am God's representative sent to proclaim the Truth. Sometimes the Truth is offensive, I know I have been offended many times by people pointing out sin in my life. But I am thankful they did so I wouldn’t suffer any longer.

Believe me when I say I understand your anger. I used to be agnostic too. I would love to continue on with you, but I understand if you don’t want to. For now – I am going to catch up over at Toad’s blog.

Take Care ~

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Personally I like to listen to devil music, eat Chinese and Indian food, and watch violent movies. I love it when xtians die en masse and my dentist touches my chest. Cannibalism is fucking funny. Also, people really should recycle.

I say all this just as a reminder that you don't have to be xtian to be happy. I genuinely enjoy life, and I feel fulfilled and happy as a person.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

Hey Grant,
Personally I can’t stand “xtian” music and I love to listen to Eminem, eat Chinese, Mexican & Italian food, and watch South Park with a 7&7 to drink. Violent movies are cool too, as long as there is a lot of blood and guts. I really love it when rapist and child molesters get what’s coming to them - especially the pedophile priests. And, if my dentist touched my chest, my husband would beat his *ss!

Also, people really should not worship the earth. Trees are a renewable resource and don't need to be recycled. What does that have to do with being “xtian” or being happy?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m livin’ it up, but I wouldn’t be so “happy” and “fulfilled” if I continued down the path I was on.

A person can reject Truth and “genuinely enjoy life” on the surface, but there will always be something missing from within our heart. Ultimately it will lead to destruction in one form or another – drugs and alcohol abuse, over-eating, violent criminal behavior, divorce, sexual promiscuity and homosexuality are all strong indicators of something missing in a person’s life...usually as a direct result of some form of abuse.

I say all this just as a reminder that you don't have to be “xtian” to be happy, but you do have to be a Christian if you want to freed from bondage and believe the Truth.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

I do not hate Christians, but they do drive me crazy sometimes.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Toad734 said...

Dont worry; God only judges Christians but he leaves the rest of us alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home