Monday, April 10, 2006

I like cops. I do. The sight of a police car makes me feel safe, except when one falls in behind me when I'm driving. :)

I guess it's because of the two experiences, (besides getting pulled over once or twice) with them. One was kind enough to see that I shoplifted ( I shoplifted a bag of candy. I never did it again. Yes, I was young and stupid.) for attention. I repeat: young and stupid.

That's a story for another time. I was a pretty good kid, except for that incident and having to get stitches some place on my body every other month or so.

But after I was attacked, a policeman came and took my report. I don't remember much but the flashes of red and blue from the patrol car coming into my room and sobbing against his arm. He reassured me that I was safe and secure, that I was going to be ok.

So, even though there are corrupt ones, I like cops. I can't imagine that enforcing the law is an easy job, I can't imagine what police must see day in and out. They have my respect.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I respect police. They have a tough job and I don't envy them one bit. Sounds like you had an especially good one that night. An angel when you needed him.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Well, I truly do like cops and it's one of the hardest jobs to do.

I read somewhere that the professions that drink the most are lawyers and law enforcement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home