Monday, October 24, 2005

I have nothing against the 'no ruler' anarchists...and I've thought long and hard over someone's suggestion that the President's role be eliminated. I'm respectfully disagreeing with that possible solution.

I just see problems with people governing people. Logically speaking, a group of people could run the government without aid of a president. But then, people are rarely logical being influenced by things like corruption or emotion. In any sort of equation, you should factor in those two unknowns.

You also may have a bickering problem between political parties. Or if a particular party should have a majority in the 'Council'.... Issues that shouldn't take very long to resolve would take an eternity. It would be a disaster because potentially the 'Council' could get nothing done. Look at Congress. They don't seem to get anything accomplished other than harass broadcasters by tacking an indecency fine bill onto a 'Let's give our troops more money' bill.

Our founding fathers, far ahead of their time, set up the checks and balances system for a reason. Despite what I feel about our current President, there should still BE a President.

With all that said, I am firmly convinced that robots need to be our overlords.

3 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Grant said...

I think our country should be run by Satanic robot monkeys. Disagreements would be solved via banana fight cage deathmatch.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Nice to see you again, Mr. Bond. I mean...Mr. Random Acts of Disco.

Feel free to drop me a line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home