Thursday, October 20, 2005

Are you ready to be Raptured?

The end times are near. I can tell by this site. Let us all make peace with our neighbors.

It really surprises me that Jesus's fanatical worshippers tend to be Republican. I think Jesus would be more liberal than conservative. Let's face it; Jesus was kind of a hippy in that he broke the rules of conventional society and made a big ruckus in doing so. Especially in his acceptance of women. He encouraged their spiritual growth and to speak up. He made friends with women.

Do I believe he existed? I do.

Do I believe Santa Claus/St. Nick existed? I do. Not as the mythical being who gets sucked up a chimmey by laying one finger on the side of his nose, but perhaps as a kind person who never had children of his own. Maybe he was just a lonely man trying to make a dismal day bright for as many kids as he could.

But history has a tendency to warp perspective, however, to blow things entirely out of proportion. I remember playing a game called "Grapevine" in Sunday School. The teacher would whisper a sentence in someone's ear and eventually it'd go through the entire class until the last person had to say it out loud. In this instance, the teacher used it as a lesson not to spread gossip, but I saw other applications for this knowledge.

Particularily in what Church was teaching. How do we know for sure that the Bible hasn't been tampered with, either maliciously or by accident? We don't. And I'm loathe to take people's word that it is good. (Well, I did enjoy reading the Bible. I consider it to be the most violence, sex-filled book I've read.)

*************************
Ok, so I lied about taking it easy. I meant only to put up that link and maybe a paragraph. All that just poured out of me.

Good night. For real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home