Saturday, October 01, 2005

Last Night

Ok, by the time I got home, it was 10:30. I had time to e-mail the two e-pals that I truly enjoy conversating with. G and P. Then I crashed hard.

Grant, I think I e-flirted with you. I blame it entirely on Bruce and his sense of humor--where it squarely belongs. Well, and that I was completely exhausted/lonely last night. Anyhoo...

After work, I had my Aunt drive me over to 23rd to pick up my copy of Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way. Then I waited around, perusing the music. I met an underground comic strip artist who happened to be paraplegic and pretty damn astute. We talked and ended up at a little bistro. I had an hour and a half to fill before the Man came on, so I thought "Why not?"

We had a pretty interesting conversation, let's leave it at that. He's a nice guy and smart and funny. He has a good outlook on life. An outlook more people would be wise to emulate.

Not wanting to miss out, I headed back over there early. I waited 45 minutes before he came on stage. I was thirteenth in line.

"Hey, baby." He said, flashing that devilish grin of his. **SIGH**

"Hello." All the witty one-liners I had meant to say flew out of my head and into the atmosphere. Which might have been a blessing now that I think of it.

"Randi with a I, huh? So whaddya do?" He said, reading the sticky note with my name on it. (Put there by a helpful store clerk who 'prepped' people for Bruce.

"Me?" I squeaked.

"Yeah, you." He smiled at me.

"I'm an insurance analyst." I reply. Hey, I'm proud that I wasn't giggling like a giddy school girl at this point in my meeting with Bruce.

"Tell me what that means." He said.

I replied, "I pay hospital claims."

He told me in Ash-like fashion, "Use your powers for good, not evil."

I really wish I hadn't been so tired even then. I smiled at him and thanked him for his time.

Getting home was an adventure. It took $50 and a tip. In the cold rain with my feet, hips and back killing me because I had spent the better part of 3 hours on my feet in dress shoes, a skirt, a cami, and a white pinstriped shirt

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Author said...

I'd giggle like a giddy school girl to meet The Bruce!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home